General

General

Categories

198 results found

1. I would like to share read-only calendars with, e.g.:
    - Colleagues
    - Close friends
    - The world at large

However, I don’t want them all to have the same level of info.

Close friends might be able to see exactly what I’m doing. Colleagues can see the details of events in specific work calendars that I indicate, but only generic ‘busy’ blocks outside of working hours. The world at large can only see public events I am attending.

There’s some support for this available by having multiple calendars and sharing them with particular people of course, but it would only…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Two factor authentication are a great way to secure the network from insecure passwords. Hardware tokens like Yubikeys are the perfect way to give an alternative log in's. This can be set up as an alternative option in addition to existing methods. For example, a scenario where you may end up loosing your Yubikey, the primary method will still log you in.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whenever somebody makes a change to a shared calendar, the other subscribers/the owner of the calendar should be informed via a "shared calendar alert". Apple offers this very valuable feature on iCloud for both Mac OS X and iOS.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re interested in supporting this and in fact we already support some bits and pieces of this notification functionality (e.g. when someone invites you into a calendar), but unfortunately this is not a standard yet (it’s an Apple extension: https://github.com/fruux/sabre-dav/blob/master/docs/caldav-notifications.txt).

These change-notifications don’t seem to be supported for third parties at the moment.

We’ll keep an eye on this as Apple releases newer versions of its operating systems (iOS7/OS X Mavericks).

4. In future it would be great if you would offer a matching email adress for you paying cusomers. I really like to have all services from one provider and the only thing missing from fruux currently is an email address.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be so cool if I could pay in Bitcoin for your service.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gmail style notifications via email for calendar events would be absolutely fabulous. The time on which the email should be sent could be identical to the reminder set up for an event.

A checkbox option could enable or disable this feature for each calendar.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OmniGroup has just published their new service OmniPresence which just syncs files via WebDAV. Would be great if I could not only sync contacts and calendars, but also the files of my OmniGroup apps via fruux.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One of the thing that prevent me and my family using the service is the fact that they need to create an account. Some people (who says the old ones ! :) ) tends to refuse creating account everywhere. It gives them the impression of security breach and it becomes difficult to remember every passwords.

So if they could sign in with their already existing facebook account or anything else it would be easier.

By the way I just saw that here on the forum we can log with facebook ang google whereas I did not see it on the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would be awesome to be able to synchronize my fruux contacts and calendar entries with Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail.com).

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Sogo Connector add-on by Inverse works OK if I add contact info via Thunderbird locally. But, if I step out for lunch and add a contact using my phone, after lunch to refresh the email addressbook data in Thunderbird it is necessary to shut down the app and relaunch it. Perhaps fruux could work with Inverse to make this data update happen automatically. Or, if not, at least have them put a button in the Thunderbird Add-on Manager so addressbook data can be resynced manually.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Idea for Paid Premium Pro Service:

Add a version history feature to Calendar and Adressbook data.

For me it is very important to preserve my Data. I live currently always in the danger to accidentally delete some of my data because of my own fault or by a software or synchronization error. If I sync my calendar across several devices using your or a similar service and delete 1 entry at the first device it gets automatically deleted at the second and vice versa.
    The same goes to loosing partial data. If I edit a text field and the client…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already do versioned backups under the hood (think of it as Time Machine or git for contacts/calendars/tasks). A web frontend to also make this functionality available to our users is planned. Unfortunately no ETA yet.

12. We want to move from our own hosted calendar/reminders/contacts server (OSX10.8 server) to your system. It seems you have decided to remove a fundamental feature that we use seldom, but is important: attach a file to an event.
    Example a hotel reservation: wherever a link does not do it, we attach a pdf to the event so that we can see it on phone or laptop when traveling.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We haven’t removed this feature. It’s just not added yet. CalDAV consists of dozens of extensions. So called “managed attachments” are one of them.

As of now it’s not a standard yet – it’s just a work in progress draft that Apple already implemented.

We plan to add support for managed attachments, too. But because we are dedicated to open standards we have to do it properly and not only hack it in there to support just one vendor. So this will take some time for the feature to evolve to a solid standard. We definitely have an eye on it.

13. Notification preferences: you really should have a checkbox to serve/not serve email notifications for each calendar or addressbook.
    It should be just that, very simple.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like more control over my company's brand when sending out calendar invitations. As such I would love to have the ability to customize the event invitation template used by everyone in my team.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You may want to associate it with multiple things. RTM has this and I believe it is in the iCal spec.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if you could add notes support

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

fruux is based on open standards. We’re supporting CardDAV for contact and CalDAV for calendar and tasks synchronization.

Unfortunately no widely supported open standard for “notes” yet. Once there is one, we’d be interested in implementing it.

Another possibility would be to take a look at the VJOURNAL standard (which is not widely supported either though).

18. i could convince or at last inform more potential users if they could set the interface to german
    (may be in my browser on my linux i just can't find the button)
    cheers

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to localize the webapp in the future, but thats still a bit further down the road, because we think that the development of the core features should come before localization.

And: Once you have fruux setup on your machine, you’ll have your localized apps as usual anyway.

19. In the current firmware of Fritzbox some internet address books like Goggle Contacts can be used. Unfortunately I found no way how to sync the Fritzbox with fruux contacts.
    Please contact AVM to add this possibility to the Fritzbox firmware

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That would be a great feature indeed! We’ve tried to get in touch with AVM about this a couple of times, but never got any response. It would certainly help if more AVM users would suggest that to AVM, too. :-)

20. Is this possible already? I'd like the option to sync with Win directly instead of Using Office to do so, just like with the Adress Book on OS X.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?