Skip to content

General

General

Categories

19 results found

1. Useful for school schedule for example.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi,

it would be easier to set up fruux on iOS devices if there would be a mobileconfig profile file, that just has to be imported. The mobileconfig could have server address and user name preconfigured, so the user just has to insert his password and is ready to go.
    The mobileconfig file could be emailed to an address that is already set up on the iOS device or directly downloaded in the "add iOS sync" section of the website.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if the web app allowed you to edit existing contacts' photos (or add them if they don't already have them), and also to be able to add a photo to the fruux account profile.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Team Edition plan might be a very good Solution for my Wohle family.
    But pricing for team Edition is Way too much for family use..
    Good compromise Fouls be 1.5 times the single user price plan

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Interested in implementing your resource at a newsroom. But need Russian version. Also, can help your team with translation. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ....meaning that fruux can be configured to function itself as a device vis-a-vis other sync services (e.g. OwnCloud).
    This would allow the user to (a) have copies of his contacts and calendars on two different platforms of his/her choice for back-up purposes and (b) choose for every device with which of the two services and the corresponding settings he/she wants to sync any given device.
    The advantage would be (a) a permanent backup and (b) more degrees of freedom for the syncing setup with other devices and/or individuals.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is actually planned. We already support it for Google Contacts, but we also plan to support generic CardDAV/CalDAV “client-mode” in the future.

7. Implement additional fields in the contacts web app. See some ideas within the vCard page on wikipedia and its extensions. Some that I personally like are phonetic pronunciation of first, last and middle names, hobby, interest, etc.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! This is in fact planned.
    Just to clarify: We already support all custom properties you can think of – it’s just our contacts web app that is not showing all of them. If you have clients that support them, we’ll of course sync everything.

8. One of my favorite features of Mozilla Thunderbird is the ability to create repeating tasks. I haven't tested to see if a repeating task in Thunderbird will work with the fruux app for Android, but I certainly would love the ability to create a repeating task from the fruux app!!!

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Repeatable tasks and alarms are fully supported, it’s just our webapp thats still lacking a bit in that regard. Adding this functionality to our webapp is of course planned.

9. There is also no place to look at the contacts who are in one particular group.

It would be very helpful to me, even necessary, to be able to go to fruux.com and select only one group at a time.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning to support this as soon as possible. The problem is that there’s no real standard for groups yet (e.g. Apple uses a special non standard vCard for groups, Mozilla Thunderbird uses a different special vCard – none of those are standardized).

All of that will luckily change with the vCard 4.0 standard, which we plan to support as early as possible. So once CardDAV clients support the new vCard 4.0 standard, we’ll also definitely support that, which will result in cross-platform support for groups.

10. Plaxo had a great interface to identify and then manually merge duplicate contacts. It would present the offending contacts and visually mark which entries would be present in the "merged" card. With Google Contacts sync coming (I'm suffering from many duplicate contacts as a result), it would be great to have this.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to provide such functionality in the future.

In the meantime: If you are using a Mac, the Addressbook application has a built-in deduplication function that could help here.

11. The publishing option for calendars is great! However, I would like the option to publish a calendar such that each event is just showing "busy" and not include the details (event name and place). Many thanks!

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make sync with WP8 able.
    After this Support i will go to pro.

Tanks

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Idea for Paid Premium Pro Service:

Add a version history feature to Calendar and Adressbook data.

For me it is very important to preserve my Data. I live currently always in the danger to accidentally delete some of my data because of my own fault or by a software or synchronization error. If I sync my calendar across several devices using your or a similar service and delete 1 entry at the first device it gets automatically deleted at the second and vice versa.
    The same goes to loosing partial data. If I edit a text field and the client…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already do versioned backups under the hood (think of it as Time Machine or git for contacts/calendars/tasks). A web frontend to also make this functionality available to our users is planned. Unfortunately no ETA yet.

14. We want to move from our own hosted calendar/reminders/contacts server (OSX10.8 server) to your system. It seems you have decided to remove a fundamental feature that we use seldom, but is important: attach a file to an event.
    Example a hotel reservation: wherever a link does not do it, we attach a pdf to the event so that we can see it on phone or laptop when traveling.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We haven’t removed this feature. It’s just not added yet. CalDAV consists of dozens of extensions. So called “managed attachments” are one of them.

As of now it’s not a standard yet – it’s just a work in progress draft that Apple already implemented.

We plan to add support for managed attachments, too. But because we are dedicated to open standards we have to do it properly and not only hack it in there to support just one vendor. So this will take some time for the feature to evolve to a solid standard. We definitely have an eye on it.

15. i could convince or at last inform more potential users if they could set the interface to german
    (may be in my browser on my linux i just can't find the button)
    cheers

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to localize the webapp in the future, but thats still a bit further down the road, because we think that the development of the core features should come before localization.

And: Once you have fruux setup on your machine, you’ll have your localized apps as usual anyway.

16. Hi, I am one of those dummies.
    I do not really understand what I can do and how I can do it.

It would be wonderful if there was a video tour showing me what kind of things I can accomplish with fruux and how .

This may save many help requesting emails about silly things.

Thanks

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now, fruux is maybe a bit in the “Made by nerds and for nerds” stage. Now that we’ve brought fruux (development-wise) to a state where everything is coming together and as stable as we want it to be, we want to make everything easier and better documented starting next year.

Thanks for your input!
    In the meantime: Don’t hesitate to send us your questions! There are only stupid answers. :)

17. Currently I'm stuck with an email address (=fruux account) that won't exist forever. I'd Ike to change it, but the only way I see at the moment is cancelling the account, sign up again and redo all configurations on all devices.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Found out the hard way that Apple Time Machine doesn't archive any of the CardDAV addresses. Would be good if fruux could archive snapshots of these so that they are not lost is they are accidentally deleted or lost for the CardDAV account!

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re already versioning objects, so you basically already have that functionality. However it’s not yet accessible via the webapp, but we plan to provide it as a feature in the future.

19. fruux should have a spanish localization.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s planned to provide localized versions of fruux, but we want ship some additional features first, before we’ll start working on localization. We know that a localized experience is important. It’s definitely on our todo list.

• Don't see your idea?