Skip to content

General

General

Categories

49 results found

1. Damit Fruux für mich eine echte Alternative wird, bräuchte ich die Option, einzelnen Terminen eigene Farben zuweisen zu können (Ähnlich wie im Google-Kalender).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That would be nice, but it’s not possible sadly. The standard defines colours on the “bucket” (the calendar), not on individual events. So even if we’d add functionality to color code individual events, it wouldn’t show up in any other clients as it’s non standard.

Some clients have this functionality (e.g. BusyCal, also works with fruux), but you will only see the color coding in those clients.

The way around this is to use multiple calendars (e.g. Work = Color 1, Home = Color 2, Family = Color 3).

2. If testing then needing to refresh data, it can be helpful not to have to delete the book, but rather to be able with an option onscreen (with safeguard confirmation!) to empty it of all contents/records, before importing a fresh set of content. This saves re-doing synch-ing for a book, sharing, settings changes etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The way to do this is to create a new addressbook/calendar and then deleting the one that you want to empty, but you are right. Sharing has to be set up again in that case. With proper clients you shouldn’t have to touch any sync settings – the new one will just show up on configured devices.

3. Will you also release an app for KaiOs? It's a new phoneOs https://www.kaiostech.com/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We tend to avoid building client apps, but since we use open standards (CardDAV/CalDAV) any third party app supporting these standard will work. Ideally the OS itself will add native support (like e.g. iOS has).

4. Include android app in other repository apart of Google Play, for instance F-Droid

This is not really a new idea, but the soluton provided in other previous and already closed suggestion is a link that now does not work.

https://fruux.uservoice.com/forums/153774-general/suggestions/5274828-publish-the-android-app-somewhere-else-than-the-go

The aim of this suggestion comes from trying to "live apart of Google and Facebook", now I'm configuring a mobile only with open source resorces... and it is a pity to give up using fruux.

Regards.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Google Authenticator is a software token that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm and HMAC-based One-time Password Algorithm, for authenticating users of mobile applications by Google.

**Using 2FA with SMS is NOT safe

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please create a mobile application so that the user would be able to synchronize the desktop calendar with the mobile calendar.

Synchronizing Fruux desktop application to a third-party's mobile calendar means that this third-party calendar may use the user information/event and share it with data broker or ad companies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are focussed on backend development. Many platforms support CardDAV/CalDAV natively (e.g. iOS/macOS) and there are open source implementations for Windows (Outlook CalDAV Synchronizer), Android (DAVdroid) and Linux (via Thunderbird Lightning etc.).

We shouldn’t reinvent the wheel and lose focus on what matters (a solid backe end that supports open standards and allows other to build great frontend apps).

If we were an email provider it would also make little sense for us to build email client apps.

7. I have a Fruux addressbook that I use for work. It has tens of thousands of addresses in it, and most of them have birthdays.

I also use iCloud's address book to track my personal contacts.

On my iPhone, it's all or nothing when it comes to alerting me about people's birthdays. So in order for it to remind me that my cousin's birthday is coming up, I also need to let it remind me that 10,000 business associates' birthdays are coming up.

I'd like it if I could tell Fruux to not sync birthdays, which would solve this problem.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is not really possible unfortunately. If a contact has a birthday, we’d have to effectively discard it. As we’re doing “sync”, we’d end up deleting information on all of your devices, which would be very bad.

What you really need is a way to tell your device (iPhone/Mac in this case) to “don’t create a virtual birthday calendar from this address book”. Unfortunately this feature does not exist yet on Apple devices. Whenever they come across a contact that has birthday information, it is added to the virtual birthday calendar (which is fed not just from a specific address book, but instead ALL address books that the device has access to).

Might be a good one to also report here:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

8. Bitte integriert die Gruppen/Tags wie in der Adressbuchapp (OS X) Merci. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give users the option to keep their own encryption keys. Germany may have excellent privacy laws, but granting users ownership of the keys to their data would be ideal.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to suggest improving the synchronization. As an example, when I edit reminders on a Mac, they are quickly synced to the fruux server(s), but sometimes it takes 10 minutes and even more until the changes are synced to iOS devices. Sometimes I even have to restart the corresponding iOS apps to reflect the changes. Maybe this is due to current limitations by Apple, but I would appreciate if you could than at least try to take influence on this. I personally would think of a 1 minute interval and not having to restart the apps sometimes.

Additionally,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Besides filing bug reports with Apple and discussing with them and other vendors at CalConnect (which we are a member of: http://www.calconnect.org/mbrlist.shtml) meetings we can’t influence their development.

Thousands of Apple customers probably have a better chance: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Our synchronization is instant. Whenever you change anything on a device, it’s immediately synced to our system. You can easily test that by making a change and then refreshing our webapp. The problem is, that e.g. iOS only fetches data in a certain interval. Apple supports a proprietary method to “push” to a device (effectively it’s sending the device a “please sync now” signal whenever a change is made). Sadly this method can’t be used by anyone but Apple itself. Right now there isn’t even a standard to do push sync.

Once there is a standard to do “push” sync (something that’s being actively worked on at CalConnect: http://www.calconnect.org/tc-push.shtml), and…

11. If you delete Fruux (from Android) then reinstall it, the device is not recognized. It appears as a new one on the web site/account.
    Few solutions:

Allow to 'merge' the new device in the new one, or just say "this new device is this one, get rid of the new (the new code replace the old one).

Store the fruux-id in a pref file which is not deleted when the app is deleted.

May be I did something wrong or did not red the explanations but if it is the case, it was not clear at all. Can probably be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, that is the expected behavior. It is basically ‘a new device’ if you delete the app on the device.

So what you should do is, simply delete the unused device account on https://fruux.com/sync

Cheers!

12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have multiple address books and calendars setup. It is really useful to be able to selectively choose which ones are synced to a mobile device.

The Fruux Android app allows selection of calendars but not address books. Maybe it would be easier to configure this through the web interface than the app?

Or perhaps selective support for syncing of groups within an address book?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should check out DAVx5 (available for free on F-Droid or for a small fee on the Google Play Store) as an alternative to the fruux Android app. We are actually planning to discontinue our own Android app since there is now a good third party alternative (that works with fruux) with DAVx5.

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have control over this. That’s the way Google handles login. The easiest method is probably to log out of the currently logged in Google account before setting up another Google service in fruux.

16. On the "Set up your devices" page you list all the OS versions with their cute names...but not the version numbers.

If I go to the apple in the upper left hand corner of my OS desktop, I can quickly look up the version number of my OS...but not the cute name!

You could make this step much easier by including the OS numbers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to share my calendar only with people I choose, but some of them don't use Fruux. Therefore I'd like to be able to give each of them an ICS feed URL that they could import into, say, Google Calendar, that wouldn't be publicly visible on fruux.com, and that would be hard for anyone else to guess.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You should offer an email service. That would be totally awesome!! I love fruux for contacts - it's the last address book that I will ever create. If you offered a mail / contacts / calendar solution, that would be fantastic!! yourname@fruux.com or yourname@yourdomain would both be good.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. now that it's got CALdav support and such, why doesn't fruux yet support Windows Phone 8?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow a one way sync. For example, fruux will sync outlook to ios but not the other way around.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do that already by setting up two different fruux accounts and sharing e.g. your address book read-only with the account that’s set up with the other computer/device.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?